Archive for March 2020
Coronavirus (Covid 19) Update 23rd March 2020
Please find below guidance and advice regarding the current coronavirus (Covid 19) epidemic
We are asking that if you are feeling unwell or feel you may pose a risk to anyone by attending a funeral , we would advise you to follow the guidelines provided by the N.H.S
We would like to reassure you that we are committed to caring for the bereaved and your loved ones during this difficult time.
Below you will find guidelines and advice to help protect everyone involved in arranging or attending a funeral.
- funeral arrangements can be made over the telephone, video call or email.
- we may have to reduce our opening times of our office but are still available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Use of limousines maybe restricted on the funeral to prevent the spread of the virus
- After every funeral our funeral vehicles are cleaned to unsure Everyone’s safety
- We do encourage family’s to use own transport to the crematorium or Cemetery
- Funeral services in church are allowed however we do ask to keep the numbers down to ensure safety
- Donation boxes will not be used at the funeral to help stop the spread of the virus, instead encourage people to donate directly online
- Direct funeral services are available if required followed by a remembrance service at a later time
- In the case of a coronavirus death we may have to arrange a promt funeral
Tuesday 24th March 202 guidelines by Newcastle City council for West Road Crematorium and Newcastle upon Tyne Cemetery’s
Guidance on numbers attending funerals- in the lime of social distance guidelines only 20 people will be permitted to attend a funeral service
Chapel services times have been reduced to 30 minutes to allow cleaning of the chapel after ever funeral
Additional cleaning teams have been brought in to provide additional cleaning
The book of remembrance room will be closed until further notice
Cremation and grave memorial application forms will not be processed until further notice